Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Practical Jokes

Practical jokes can be fun for everyone but not when they’re mean. I don’t like pranks where someone can get hurt or made to look really foolish. I especially don’t like pranks where something gets damaged. Egging someone’s car might seem harmless and funny. But a raw egg can ruin the paint on a car. It is very expensive to fix.


I do enjoy a good April Fool’s joke. One time my fourth graders had worked really hard one March 31 on their MCAS test. The next day, April first, I told them that the state of Massachusetts had messed up and they had to retake the previous day’s exam. Boy, were they mad...until someone figured out the date! That was a pretty harmless prank but oh so funny! The entire class enjoyed a good laugh when they knew I was kidding. I still chuckle when I recall the looks on their faces!


What’s your favorite April Fool’s Day prank?





No comments:

Post a Comment