Sunday, August 22, 2010

Squirt Guns

I was a little scared the other day. I was at a birthday party and everybody had squirt guns—except me! No fair! I was glad when they put their squirt guns down. I didn’t want my clown stuff to get soaked! My silk scarves would run, my coloring book would get soggy, and my magical Wiffle® dust would clump. That would not be good for the birthday guests or me!

Some people think it’s funny to be mean to a clown. Maybe they’re afraid the clown is going to play a trick on them. Some clowns are like that but I’m not. I believe in the “Golden Rule.” In case you forgot, that’s where you treat others the way you want to be treated. I do have a squirting flower but I’ve never used it on a person, only fellow clowns who know what it is.

Cooling off in this sweltering summer heat is important. Squirt guns are a fun way to cool yourself and others off when you and your friends are in bathing suits or play clothes and equally “armed.” But it’s not nice to squirt an unsuspecting, unarmed victim!

Do you think it’s fair to squirt a clown with a squirt gun? Why/why not? Leave me a comment below. Until next time…have fun!

2 comments:

  1. I love squirting people with anything that squirts, I guess I don't mind getting squirted either. It is always so fun to scream and laugh! If someone doesn't like to be squirted I guess that wouldn't be nice to squirt them and it isn't very fun unless everyone is armed. Enjoy the last week of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, thanks for your comment! I agree with you that it is more fun when everyone is "armed."

    ReplyDelete